Published On: Fri, Jun 7th, 2013

Ogboru Sues Lawyer, Others N500m for Disruption of his Business

Chief Great Ovadje Ogboru


Great Ogboru’s company, Fiogret Limited, has filed a suit against Mr. Kunle Ogunba and other defendants for the disruption of its business activities on Friday, May 31, 2013. The suit challenges Ogunba’s attempt to re-execute lapsed ex-parte order which was issued in January 2013.
Fiogret Limited, in Suit No. FHC/L/CS/771/2013 filed on June 3, 2013, is specifically claiming N500 million as damages against Mr. Ogunba and the Deputy Sheriff of the Federal High Court for their’ attempt to execute for the second time the ex parte order of 30th January, 2013 made in suit No: FHC/L/CS/63/2013.
The firm contends that the said ex parte had lapsed by the operation law and also that the defendants caused them huge financial losses for putting their business premises under “menacing siege” in an attempt by the defendants to re-execute an order that had been previously executed.
The premises of Fiogret Limited in Lagos were invaded by over 100 policemen working with lawyers and agents of Mr. Kunle Ogunba and a bailiff of the Federal High Court on Friday, 31 May, 2013 in an attempt to execute the said order for the second time.
The head office of the firm on Norman Williams Street in Ikoyi was shut down for the whole day.
The situation only came under control when it became clear to the police and court officials that the said order had been previously executed on 1 March, 2013 and issues relating to it are pending in court.
Source: PM NEWS

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Konga Verified Blogger

Konga Verified Blogger

IN THE NEWS

Close