1 2 3 4 5
Published On: Sun, Sep 1st, 2013

Nelson Mandela Finally discharged from South African hospital

Nelson Mandela arriving at his home in Johannesburg


LAGOS SEPTEMBER 1ST (URHOBOTODAY)-Nelson Mandela has left hospital and has gone to his Johannesburg home, where he is continuing to receive intensive care, the South African presidency says on its website.
The announcement came a day after officials denied reports that the 95-year-old had already been discharged.
The statement says Mr Mandela condition remains critical and at times unstable.

South Africa’s first democratically elected president has been in hospital since June with a lung infection.
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate is revered around the world for leading the fight against white minority rule and preaching reconciliation with the white community despite being imprisoned for 27 years.
“His team of doctors are convinced that he will receive the same level of intensive care at his Houghton home that he received in Pretoria [hospital],” the presidency statement says.
It says his home in the suburb of Houghton has been “reconfigured to allow him to receive intensive care there” and he will be treated by the same health care personnel who have been looking after him since 8 June.
If necessary, he will be readmitted to hospital, the statement says.
Johannesburg is about 55km (34 miles) south of Pretoria.
On Saturday, sources close to Mr Mandela told the BBC and other international media that he had already returned home.
This was denied by South Africa’s presidency, which handles all communications about the former leader’s health.
BBC

Subscribe to our newsletter for news update:

About the Author

-

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Konga Verified Blogger

Konga Verified Blogger

IN THE NEWS

Close